Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 5, 2014

bye bye HIMYM

Accepted, it wasn’t as awesome an ending as Breaking Bad. Nor did it have a sad finale like FRIENDS did (yea, I get sad every time I watch that). But c’mon guys, the how I met your mother series finale wasn’t that bad either! For me the jigsaw is finally complete.
I liked the final episode. Sue me. Didn’t we guys get what we always had been hoping for? For Ted and Robin to be together? There you go! You got it! Oh oh oh! So now you’re saying that he should have ended up with the mother? Pish posh! Don’t tell me you developed feelings for the mom all of a sudden! Ted and Robin were always meant to be together. They were like the new age Ross and Rachel! Don’t give me that bullshit that you feel cheated. I know that you all wanted it in some merry corner of your brains.
Here’s how the jigsaw is complete:
  • ·         Lily and marshal always together.
  • ·         Barney was never meant to be tied down! They had to “let him be himself” as he put it. Well at least for some time.
  • ·         Barney has a kid! Yeh toh hona hi tha! Everybody knows even condoms don’t have that good success rates!
  • ·         Robin got famous! Didn’t she always want that? Isn’t that what she came from, oh what’s that country again? Ah! “Canada!” isn’t that why she came all the way from Canada for?
  • ·         Marshal finally gets his band of three kids. Lily gets her art class of 3 kids who speak French. :p
  • ·         Marshal gets what he deserves. Becomes a Supreme Court judge!
  • ·         And finally Ted and Robin end up together.

Everything ends well! What’s not there to like?? The end would also mean that the gang would eventually hang out together again. I absolutely hate the finales where the gang splits, because I really want to believe in the idea that friendships are eternal.
Maybe they could have made a new season out of the final episode itself. Maybe they made the right choice by cutting it off right there. From Robin’s scotch sipping cigar burning fondness, to Marshal and Lily’s strong love, to Barney Stinson’s legen----wait for it--- daryness, to last but not the least, Ted’s emotional endurance, I’m going to miss every bit of it. HIMYM taught me the fun part of friendships, to go big when you know you have found the right one, to never give up, to forever be awesome. It taught me that nothing is legendary if your friends are not around to see it.  Whatever the masses feel, I’m sure they all are going to miss the roller coaster ride that was How I Met Your Mother.

Good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment