Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

PRATIK 101


He turns his head quickly around,
His face shows a smile so wide,
His sight induces laughter,
When you’re blue you’ll always find him by your side.

He oozes pleasantness,

His laughter so very infectious,

When he looks through the corner of his eyes,
A smile veils over your hidden tears.

But little does the world know
That every smile is a tear in disguise
Beneath lies a shaken man
Under the exterior that seems so nice.

He wants to hide his pain,
His heart has wept, his mind cried,
But he defends with a joke,
The world never knows what eats him from the inside.


When i wrote the stuff above, i had somebody in my mind, someone i thought fit perfectly into the description. Someone i thought had the sole purpose in life to make people laugh. and he did succeed...well to some extent. Let me level with you... that somebody's me. As much as i hate sounding like Enrique while saying that i had to say it. When i told my sister that the poem is about me,  she stared at me, the her face went all crooked and before i knew it, she burst out laughing to the floor. I mean... whats up with that! here I am, being all philosophical and touchy and she just laughs at me!!?? Not cool! :@

I'm Pratik by the way. Let me do my intro the formal way. Mechanical engineering student at Amrita University, junior year. Age 20, sex: male, BMI : bordering on malnutrition some would say :/ meh! doesn't bother me much. love adventuring, taking risks (has gotten me almost killed at times), writing poetry ( already introduced you to that part), sketching/drawing, mini sculpturing  etc. etc. but... but but...first time blogger.

another part i am proud of is that I'm a Goan. when i tell this to the people in my college i usually need a screw jack to lift their jaws off of the ground! and once that's done the questions that follow annoy me the most :
Question 1. So.. u drink?? Like every time?
answer:  Yea! I usually start my day with hot breakfast and a glass of beer... you know... to give me that kick -_-

Question 2. you get to see nude women everyday don't ya?
answer:  Dude!! I don't own a strip club!

Question 3. Since you're from Goa, you obviously smoke and shit right?
answer. *blank face* (i still haven't figured out how smoking is related to being a Goan :/) 

While i was returning back from Tamil Nadu (that's where my college is), i made a mental pact with myself... NO WASTING TIME! During all of my previous vacations i made such pacts and like every other teenager ( "was" a teenager during my past vacations), i procrastinated all the pacts out of my mind! But then again procrastination is the stepping stone to success right?! Wait... I think that was supposed to be failure is the stepping stone to success. My bad :P

Now as i write this whole thing the other two tabs opened on my browser and the antivirus that is scanning my laptop for junk are begging for attention! But this seems like fun! If blogging seems more interesting than Facebook and twitter then blogging it will be for the rest of the holidays! Would be a lot helpful if you could criticize me and my work... Because i think flattery is for kids! Without much further ado let me take your leave here. Until next time!

6 comments:

  1. hey pratik !!! but i never asked u such kind of questions :p :D chill !! I think u forgot to mention about swimming.Dude seriously u have got lot of talents in you.Keep going :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good going �� well the intro itself would make ladies go gaga over u!

    ReplyDelete
  3. damnn ! a poet in you ?? keep 'em coming dude ! nice strt ! :)

    ReplyDelete