Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 19, 2013

why vacations are boring!

the last day of the final exams!! ah.. what excitement! barely contained. i got to my room as soon as possible from the examination hall picked up my luggage (which i had packed 3 days in advance because i was just so excited!) and hopped on the first train i found out of the torturous campus! i was drowning in gushing river of excitement! as my train passed by my campus i couldnt help but smile...

vacations seem so much fun during our exams! im sure each one of us has check list of the things to do during the holidays. everything u cant do during exams directly  transfers to the holidays. and why shouldnt u have fun?? after all u have put in so much effort in the exams! sleepless nights, gobbled up textbooks; they all call for an exciting vacation.

the vacation began! endless possibilities! i felt like a new man altogether! even though i was tired from the excruciatingly long train journey i didnt sleep... i called up my friends and asked them to meet me up asap. because i didnt want to be wasting no time! so on and so forth the vacation went on for one week... now the real trouble started... my wallet got empty! :/ i had another month to deal with here and no money :( i went to my dad " dad! give me some money no?" *puppy eyes*  . " u get food at home,, place to stay. why do u need extra money?" "dad, wanted to go out with friends" " no need for that! sit at home. spend some time with your parents!" and thus my holidays were ruined!

for the rest of the month i rotted at home glued to my laptop, piggybacking on the free wifi. that remained my only source of entertainment for the remainder of the holidays, browsing on facebook searching for another soul who shared my plight. suddenly i stumbled upon a few of my college day pics and remembered how much i had back in college and suddenly i couldnt wait to go back :/ so many plans were made for the holidays and they all tanked one by one. this is what the difference is i guess; between college and home - in college everybody you want is just a room away and you just pop up in anybody's room with a plan. and they are always enthusiastic about it ( because they are frustrated with the college curriculum). when you are at home you have to keep on calling up everybody on their phone only to hear that they have other plans, or they are just too lazy to get their lazy asses of their beds.

finally the last day of the vacation arrived and i got in the train. suddenly it all came back to me. no more roaming around the city at my own will! :o no more home made food, no more school friends. as the train pulled out of the station i sat in my berth clutching my knees and thinking about all the things that  i was gonna miss for the next 5 months. until then i wait for the next vacation. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment